The mission of The Launching Pad Child Development Center is to provide quality care and early education to children six weeks through ten years of age whose families are affiliated with the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center and the surrounding communities.
We are committed to providing a diverse learning environment that exceeds the highest state and national accreditation standards, nurtures a professional staff, recognizes individual needs of children and provides support to their families in partnership with varied community resources.
- All children are unique individuals who grow and develop cognitively, socially, emotionally, and physically at their own rate.
- Learning is most meaningful for children when they are actively involved and allowed to select activities and materials that interest them.
- Children who are treated with care and respect learn to care for and respect others.
- Families are our most important partners in fostering a child’s growth and development. Strong relationships of support and respect between caregivers and families result in positive outcomes for children.
- All children are capable of learning and excelling. Their capabilities are maximized when they are surrounded by adults who have specialized training in child development and appropriate programming.
- All people are of equal value regardless of race, culture, ethnicity, religion, ability, and family composition.
- We must first meet children’s most basic needs such as nourishment, safety, and acceptance before we can help them develop and learn.
- Children learn best through play. Play is an integral part of any successful early education program.
- It is important for children to be familiar with and involved in their community to give them a sense of their role in society.
Lynda Mhoon, Director
Tracey Goff, Assistant Director